Credit: West Africa Trade Hub

Saturday 14 July 2007

Thought-provoking

I think that the argument that men have more libido than women is a myth. I think that men (and women) created that myth. Why?

Maybe because men use it to dominate women (or at least exert control on them) and do as it pleases themselves.

Perhaps, women also play a role by preferring to hide their wants, by fear of 1) being considered as what they do not want to be taken for, 2) not being satisfied after all.

Education has kept traditions alive by transmission to younger generations. Religions have served to justify many things. For when the arrival of a religion with a woman leader? Not for me.

I ask "why do some communities practise excision?" Did God not create woman with a clitoris?

I am told that it is believed the clitoris makes women uncontrollable. However, polygamy is explained on the ground that men and women are biologically (and physiologically) different*. So we go back to the assumption that men have more libido.

Is all this not anything else than a way to keep men superior when they are more weak than ever, not even able to satisfy ONE SINGLE WOMAN?

After this, you will conclude that I am a man-hating, which is not the case. I am just looking (not really looking) for a strong man with enough sensibility to understand me and love me as a woman.

Although this topic is not really linked to the purpose of the blog, I feel like writing about it and will continue to raise attention towards the issue.

I am touched when I hear a man saying that women are unhappy (even though he is married - at least one enlightened man!). I feel sad to hear that, and I think of all the women and girls in the world. Everywhere, female are more prone to poverty, illiteracy and precariousness, women are raped and made sexual slaves.

I do not accept the statu quo. I want women and men be happy. This can only be achieved with a rethinking of traditions, questioning of prejudice, evolution of our societies. It is not because one or two women are in parliament or government that we must take for granted that the conditions have improved for the majority of women.

I would like soon to write more on the 'relationship' between men and women. This could start with this interrogation: "Do we become man, are we born woman?"

*An informed person knows that most pleasure provides from the brain.

No comments: