Credit: West Africa Trade Hub

Saturday 8 September 2007

Save The Kittens

He arrived in his white Mercedes: the vet.

For days I have tried to keep alive three orphan kittens at the guest house after the mother left. Before they were six but they remain only two.

I met the vet whom I called regularly to explain the evolution and ask for advice. I bought a feeding bottle and baby milk powder and with the manager we started trying to feed them by force. Quite unsuccessfully. Lately, the kittens were only licking a bit of water with glucose from a plastic spoon.

This afternoon, the vet came to see the cats. He injected antibiotics in their skin because they are sick and have diarrhea. He showed us how to give them the glucose and milk with a syringe. As I experienced, they wont be able to take much but we should try give them frequently.

I swear if they survive I will take one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let us know of the outcome elodie