Credit: West Africa Trade Hub

Monday 17 September 2007

One kitten survived

The whitish female is the only survivor among six kittens orphaned after their mum left about 2 weeks ago.

Some died very quickly whereas I started looking after three. Another - brownish - was last to die as he refused to eat and was too weak to continue living even though he was also injected antibiotics.

The survivor is pretty strong. She's been injected again on Saturday because of an infection at the neck. I was amazed when I first saw her eating canned tuna one week ago while I was still feeding her with a syringe filled with baby milk!

She quickly became autonomous and is pretty clean. She looks healthy. She enjoys pampering, purrs and likes playing. I called her 'Souris' (meaning 'Mouse' in French) because her fair-coloured hairy body and dark tail made me think of a mouse.

I will soon post a picture taken by my colleague when she visited me with three children who scared the cat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you see hope and love make a lot of difference , tu vas pouvoir le garder le piti chat qui resemble a une sourie :) ( etrange quand meme...)mais bon ce petit n'animal est entre de bonnes mains et toute sa vie il te remerciera..... a sa facon

Elodie said...

Je pense que ce petit chat est l'un des plus chanceux en Afrique.

Qu'est-ce qu'il grandit vite!